Set up your MT4/5 so that all trades are automatically synced to your Edgewonk trading journal.
Please be aware: if you used the "normal" MT5 manual importer in the past, trades will be duplicated within the same journal. If you used the MT5 Positions importer, duplicates should not happen.
1) In Edgewonk, go to Imports and select MetaTrader 4/5 (Auto) from the dropdown.
Click on the button next to the importer type dropdown: Update FTP settings.
2/3) FTP server and FTP login fields are ready-only. You cannot edit them and you just have to copy them into your MT4/5 (read below).
4/5) Create a new password. You will use the new password in your MT4/5 in the next step.
Now, open your MT4/5 platform and go to Tools > Options, and then select the tab FTP (1).
2) Copy the FTP server address that your Edgewonk shows you.
3) Nothing needs to change here.
4) Copy the FTP login that your Edgewonk shows you. The format of this always starts with mt4-acc-xxxx, regardless if it's MT4 or MT5
5) Enter the password that you created in your Edgewonk journal.
6) Activate passive mode.
7) Activate Enable automatic publishing of reports via FTP.
8) Here you enter the account number of your MT4/5 account.
9) Set the refresh rate to 60 minutes.
MT4/5 now syncs your trades to Edgewonk. If your MT4/5 contains a lot of trades, this may take a few minutes. Afterwards, MT4/5 periodically syncs all your new trades to Edgewonk. Additionally MT4 syncs after every trade action (e.g. closing a trade) on its own. MT5 does only do periodic syncs.
After you have set up your MT4/5, you can go to your Journal in MT4/5. You find the journal in your MT4/5 Terminal at the bottom. When you set up your Edgewonk sync correctly, the journal will show you two messages that show that the sync is working:
Shortly after, your trades will appear in your Edgewonk journal.